Why You Should Consider a Private School Education for Your Child
Public school is the default choice for many people. But is that the right decision for your child? A private school education may offer several advantages you may have yet to consider. Choosing the right school for your child can be a daunting task. This is why private school education is a great option. Private schools offer a variety of benefits that public schools do not.
Benefits of Private School Education
There are many benefits to private school education, some of which include the following:
- Private schools tend to have smaller class sizes and more individual attention. This allows for more one-on-one instruction and better opportunities for students to develop deeper relationships with teachers and classmates that are unique and valuable.
- Private schools often emphasize core values such as respect and integrity. These values are instilled in students from a young age, leading them to become strong moral individuals who can positively contribute to society.
- Private school education may provide access to better facilities, resources, and technology. For example, private schools often have state-of-the-art classrooms and libraries.
- Private school graduates are more likely to attend college than public school graduates. This is because private school education typically prepares students for college admissions exams and offers innovative coursework not offered in public schools.
- When it comes to academic performance, research has shown that private schools offer a superior experience. Not only are they equipped with better facilities and more personalized care, but children who attend them perform better academically than their public school counterparts. Private school students routinely score higher on standardized tests such as the SATs and ACTs.
- Private schools can offer a safer environment for students than public schools. This is because they have more money for facilities and equipment. The application process and student selection can also contribute to safety over public schools.
Not only do these schools offer specialized and personalized curriculums, but you can be sure that the teachers are highly qualified and experienced. In addition, your child will have plenty of opportunities for extracurricular activities, clubs, and more - making it one of the best ways to keep them occupied and engaged.
Private schools also typically have more resources to invest in special programs and extracurriculars, which can give your child a leg up regarding educational opportunities. Some private schools operate as magnet schools, focusing on specific areas of education such as science and technology or the arts.
How much does it cost to send your child to a private school?
The cost of sending your child to a private school will vary depending on the school and location. However, in general, private schools typically have higher tuition fees than public schools. Many private schools also require additional fees for books, supplies, uniforms, and other items.
In most cases, multi-student discounts and scholarships are available to help offset the cost of private school tuition. So, it is essential to research and figure out a budget before deciding to send your child to a private school.
How do private schools handle special needs students?
When handling students with special needs, private schools are usually more equipped to do so than public schools. Private schools often have smaller class sizes, additional staff, and more resources.
Additionally, private schools may provide more flexibility when meeting each student's unique needs. This can include offering different educational programs that cater specifically to students with special needs or implementing specific accommodations like adjusting class schedules or adding extracurricular activities.
Whether you are a parent who believes that quality education can turn your child into a higher achiever or if you want to give them the best environment for their studies, consider a private school.
At St Mary's Catholic School we engage, challenge and inspire students to strive for individual excellence as life-long learners committed to their faith and service. Don't miss out on enrolling your child this year. Call us today at (309) 621-2030 or visit our website to learn more.